Oklahoma City Business And Asset Acquisition Attorneys
While any standard business acquisition can prove to be a complicated legal process, acquisitions involving oil and gas properties can be significantly more complex due to the large financial stakes involved. Any individual or business looking to purchase or sell their oil or gas interests should strongly consider working with a qualified attorney to ensure that their interests are fully protected.
How We Can Help
At Mahaffey & Gore, P.C., we represent individuals and companies looking to acquire oil and gas properties, service companies or other related entities. We can assist you with the following legal issues that typically arise when acquiring a business:
- Leasehold packages
- Business packages
- Entity Formation/Corporations
- Transactional work
- Sales agreements
- Transfers of titles and interests
- Financing mechanisms
- Employment and consulting agreements
Our experienced attorneys provide comprehensive legal assistance to business clients in every stage of the acquisition process— from drafting transactional documents to contract negotiation. We are fully committed to protecting the rights and best interests of our clients. Energy law is the sole focus of our law firm — we use our in-depth knowledge and vast experience to meet the pressing needs of our business acquisition clients.
Oil And Gas Business Acquisitions
Our clients are located throughout the state of Oklahoma, and frequently come to us with a multitude of questions concerning the buying or selling of oil and gas interests:
- Considering today’s economy, how has oil and gas pricing been affected?
- Am I responsible for issuing royalty checks?
- Am I responsible for surface damage?
- What if I want to resell the property?
- What should be my environmental concerns?
- What regulatory requirements must be met?
- What contingent liability could exist?
- How can I confirm the seller’s title?
If you have any questions about an oil or gas business acquisition, we are more than happy to help. Our dedication to the area of energy law provides our clients with the information they need to make informed business decisions. Please contact our lawyers to schedule a consultation. Call 405-694-4472 or send us a message online today.